Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing #23-Summary of My Thoughts

Completing 23 Things has been quite an experience. It has been overwhelming at times, but I have learned so much. My favorite discoveries included Library Thing and Image Generators. It was amazing learning about how blogs allow for worldwide communication about issues that matter to individual people all across the globe.
This program has helped with my lifelong learning goals by allowing me the opportunity to explore technology in ways I hadn't thought about before. The biggest surprise that I have taken away from this experience is how much I truly like the idea of blogging and all it encompasses.
As I have said,the idea of 23 Things is fantastic, yet I am concerned that there was not enough support for some of the "things", including Avatar and the Podcast. I definitely struggled with both "things" and had to be "rescued" by a very patient and technologically literate colleague. I worry for other participants who do not have that same support system available to them.
If you were to offer another sequenced learning program such as this, I would participate. More complex areas of technology would require a bit more support, however.
If I were to assign a word or sentence to describe my 23 Things experience, it would be the sentence, Learning like this requires a leap of faith, but is well worth the jump.
Thank you for allowing me to participate, and I am dedicated to the idea of continuing and reevaluating my learning.

2 comments:

VWB said...

Congratulations on completing yor summer challenge! Looks like you have some great plans for the coming year...hope you will share your adventures thru the blog.

Amitch said...

Congrads! I hope you have learned something that you can take back to your students. I think the students will enjoy using any one of these tools that you acquired here.
You are a quick learner! I am so glad that you did this.