Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing #12-Creating Community Through Commenting

Since 23 Things is one of my first experiences with blogs, I have been initially reluctant to do more than "lurk" through other people's blogs. I am learning so much from other people's postings, and I am now beginning to feel more bold to post some of my own comments. This "thing" really helped me to see that the whole point of a blog is to interact with others in a community. I like reading through 10Techniques to Get More Comments. One suggestion was to remain humble when making postings, so that people feel you are approachable. I also liked the idea of posting questions to get responses. I'm not sure that I am ready to be controversial as of yet.
In How to Comment Like a King or Queen it mentioned that oftentimes new bloggers get discouraged by some negative comments that are posted. This was something important to be aware of.
When searching for blogs in a Google search, I found a children's lit blog and a desgn and decorating blog called Design Talk. I really liked this one because you could view rooms that designers created in their own homes. Right now I'm in the process of remodeling a bathroom and need all the inspiration I can get.

1 comment:

Kinder2:) said...

Hi Sarah. I did not know you were doing the 23 things, that is super that 5 of us are doing this, I am sure that is going to have a big impact in our school. About commenting, since I did #12 I comment in a regular basis and I ask questions most of the time I post...good results. Did you receive an Email every time someone makes a comment in your blog?